Raspberry White Cake with Almond Buttercream Frosting
Unsalted Butter, for greasing the pans
2 1/4 cups Cake Flour, sifted
1 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
4 Tsp. Baking Powder
1 Tsp. Salt
12 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter, room temperature
6 Egg Whites, room temperature
1 cup Whole Milk
1 Tbsp. Raspberry Extract
24 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter, room temperature
4 cups. Powdered Sugar
1 Tbsp. Whole Milk
1 Tbsp. Almond Extract
Pinch of Salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. (If using a dark or coated pan, preheat to 325°.)
2. Grease cake pan/s with butter and sprinkle with flour to prevent the cake from sticking to the pan. For this cake I have used Wilton’s Easy Layer Cake Pan Set (6″ diameter).
3. Add Cake Flour, Granulated Sugar, Baking Powder, Salt to stand mixer and mix on low for 30 seconds to combine.
4. Add Unsalted Butter to dry mixture 1-2 Tbsp. at a time, and mix until even crumbs form (about the consistency of corn meal).
5. In a large measuring cup, add 6 Egg whites (one at a time) and Raspberry Extract to 1 cup of Whole Milk. Whisk to combine.
5. Add all but 1/4 cup of Milk mixture to dry ingredients in stand mixer and mix on low for 1 minute to combine. Scrape down sides of bowl with a rubber spatula, then add the remaining wet ingredients and mix on low for 30 seconds.
7. Divide the batter between prepared pans and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
1. In a large bowl, add butter and blend on low for 30 seconds.
2. Add powdered sugar in increments, mixing on low and raising to medium speed each time until fully incorporated.
3. Add Whole Milk, pinch of Salt and Almond Extract before mixing on medium speed to combine.
4. Apply frosting between the layers, and around the cake. Garnish with Ticings Naturally Colored White Chocolate Sprinkles.