Cream filled Champagne Cake with Peach Buttercream Frosting
Unsalted Butter, for greasing the pans
2 1/2 cups Cake Flour
2 cups Granulated Sugar
3 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Salt
2 sticks Unsalted Butter, room temperature
4 large Eggs + 1 Egg White, room temperature
3/4 cup Plain Yogurt
1/2 cup Milk
1 tsp. Champagne Extract
Cream Filling Ingredients:
2 Peaches, chopped finely
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
Pinch of Salt
4 oz. Cream Cheese
optional: 1 Tbsp. Peach Extract
1 1/2 stick Unsalted Butter, room temperature
4 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
3 cups Powdered Sugar
1 tsp. Peach Extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. (If using a dark or coated pan, preheat to 325°.)
2. Grease cake pan/s with butter and sprinkle with flour to prevent the cake from sticking to the pan. For this cake I have used Wilton’s Easy Layer Cake Pan Set (6″ diameter).
3. Combine Chopped Peaches and Brown Sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
4. In a large bowl, combine Cake Flour, Granulated Sugar, Baking Powder and Salt, then set aside.
5. In a stand mixer, beat Unsalted Butter on medium speed until pale and fluffy.
5. Add Eggs and Egg White and blend to combine. In a measuring cup, whisk together Milk, Plain Yogurt and Champagne Extract. Alternate adding Flour mixture and wet ingredients on low until combined.
6. Scrape down sides of bowl with a rubber spatula. Mix on low for 30 seconds to combine.
7. Divide the batter between prepared pans and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cream Filling Directions:
1. The Brown Sugar should have dissolved leaving you with a bowl of Chopped Peaches in syrup. Add this to your stand mixer.
2. Add Pinch of Salt, Cream Cheese and Peach Extract, if desired. Blend on low until combined.
3. Use Cream Filling between cake layers.
1. In a large bowl, add butter and blend on low for 30 seconds.
2. Add cream cheese; blend until incorporated.
3. Add powdered sugar in increments, until fully incorporated.
5. Add Peach Extract and blend to combine.
6. Apply frosting around the cake. Garnish with Sliced Peaches.